Friday, November 12, 2010

Guild Tournament Part Duex!

So, after discussing with a few people I think we've come with the outline for the tournament.  I'm going to post the potential rules / ideas and then take into consideration of what others think.  Obviously talk with Steven about it since he had to original post, but I would like to get this on its feet and running.  Would hope to get the rules at least established by the end of the weekend and then start registration Monday.

Rules:
Participants will not be charged a fee to play in this tournament as it being the first one.
Level 1 Mercenary Characters only.
No Legendary Cards permitted.
No "Unique" cards.
Must have 10 different cards in the deck.
Must use 2 copies of each card in the deck.
Round Robin rules so everyone plays everyone.
Games will be played best 2 out of 3.
Winning a set will score you a point.
Winner will be the person who has the most points overall.
If there is a tie a tiebreaker will be played best 2 out of 3 to determine the winner.
Prizes will be paid out to the top 3 players.
Prizes will be determined based on the amount of players participating in the event.

*Depending on the level of the participants, it will be wise to save your training ground games just in case you are unable to play against your opponent.  If training room games are unavailable to be used, you will play the rest of the event verse your other opponents and then when your training room games reset, you will pick up the missed games*

If you see something you don't like, let me know.  I would like to get the rules established to what everyone will agree on by Sunday so we can start registration on Monday so we can get this underway.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea, but I'd like for the decks to be locked. So, no altering your deck after the tournament starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the decks should be locked. Unfortunately, we cannot actually "lock" the decks ourselves, so we're going to have to go on a honor system.

    I think at least, the characters you are using should be posted. No swapping out cards is allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said this is chat but I'd thought I would post it here as well. In order to stop card swapping between games, we can simply just not allow leaving the game room during a best 3 match. That way, there will be no card swapping. I know that disconnects and real life happen, but as I general rule I think this is really our best option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good idea. I'd say that we could probably go ahead and start taking registrations?

    ReplyDelete