Saturday, October 2, 2010

Reborn Awesomeness!

Well this week as been a blast event wise. Figuratively and literally...

This week's special card is called 'Reborn' and represents Prophet being reborn through the dragon Kuonok. To earn this card and its trophy, 'The Prophet', you have to face 40 different opponents and play at least 8 spell cards per game.

I have finally got mine and I have to say, I am totally disliking, no, hating Noz decks now. Seeing how many of these guys with their top end elo decks pop into these rounds to get the trophy almost made me sick. D: Just shows how powerful and actually wide spread they are. A few Kotoba based mage decks popped up as well, which was kind of interesting to see how people interpret Kot magic.

This event has been more than fruitful for me. Besides the trophy card Reborn, I also leveled up a ton of cards. I got my 3 Rain of Deaths, 1 Foil Deflection, 1 Smash that Iron!, Level 2 Toran the Faithless, Level 3 Abyssien and Level 3 Golemarlok. I managed to level up quite a few useful cards. My 'Mage WTF' deck was rather... random in its early stages. Full of crappy cards to level up. If I was lucky I won about... 60% of the fights I played with that version. Once I scored Deflection and SMASH SMASH SMASH, I switched my deck cards and came up with this:



Characters:
Level 2 Toran The Faithless
Level 3 Abyssien
Level 3 Golemarlok

Items:
Grand Mage's Staff x2

Action Cards:
Oh, I'm Good! x1 (swapped it with Reborn later)

Spells:
The Pen Is Mightier... x3
Than The Sword x3
Burn in Hell x3
Rain of Death x3
Illusiory Reflection x3
Cloning x2

In the end my 'Zil Mage' deck faired pretty well with this latter version against the many mage decks running around out there. It is definately not tourney worthy, but for damn sure an aggressive beast at times. I personally wish they would improve Abyssien a bit, as he kind of sucks with his low HP and low Spirit score. Imo they could raise his Spirit cap to 3 at level 3.

Golemarlok is an entirely different thing on the other hand. He rocks. Be it him RoD/Cloning some badass spell and then attacking with his moderately high attack power, or him just pounding on opponents with TPIM...TTS. He's definately the most fun char in the deck and I am looking forward to getting him to level 4 eventually. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good. I can't wait to face off against this deck once its finished. I like to consider this deck the evil twin of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about using The Shadow instead of Toran?

    ReplyDelete